It's that time of year...when everyone starts thinking about New Year's Resolutions...most of them ditched within the first few days or weeks. As we close out 2011, I have been reflecting on what I need to do in my life and the person I want to be. I recently found out about a 52 week devotional through a friend in a Home Blessing Facebook Group called Devotional for the Disorganized and decided that I (and my family) would be blessed very much by participating. It aims to target cleaning our hearts first and then cleaning the clutter of our lives will come as a result. Homeschooling four children certainly brings about LOTS of clutter ;-). I am looking forward to getting started with a group of very supportive ladies online. If you'd like to learn more about this devotional and what it's all about, visit this post about "What's a Clean Heart?". Would you like to join me and some other wonderful ladies? Leave me a comment below with a way to contact you. Be sure to let me know if you are on facebook so you can join the special devotional group to participate in discussions and get the weekly challenges. We'll be starting this Sunday, January 1st. We've already received our first challenge: Make a list of your TOP 5 Projects/Goals for your Heart & Home in 2012. This is definitely going to take some thought as I see so many things that need to happen around here both internally and externally. So with that being said, here are my TOP 5 (and not necessarily in the order of importance):
My Heart Goals:
- To continue to foster a closer relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and to have a heart like He does
- To continue in my journey of gratitude in all circumstances
- To set aside time each day that I may spend it with the Lord, one on one without any distractions
- To read my Bible completely in one year using my Bible Reading Plan
- To restore broken relationships that need to be restored
My Home Goals:
- Create, implement and maintain a workable filing system for the mounds of papers that take over almost every room in my home. This particular clutter really affects how we feel about our home and each other, so it really needs to be tackled!
- Organize and catalog our homeschool library and materials.
- Create and implement a workable chore system for all members of our family so that we may easily maintain our home.
- Organize our huge rubbermaid bucket full of photos so that I can easily share these photographic memories with my children.
- To learn more about food storage and emergency preparedness and implement a storage system that will work for our family so we will never have to worry about food on hand in times of trial and emergencies.
How about you? What would be YOUR top 5 Heart and Home Goals for 2012?