Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's Planning Time Again!

We're now at the beginning of August and I've been reflecting on the past year in our homeschool. Days just always seem to get away from us and I always have the feeling that we're not doing enough. It's hard not to see what many homeschoolers (and even public/private school teachers) are doing at this time of the year....there are posts all over Facebook and personal blogs about planning....buying the best teacher and student planners, finding free planners, creating and customizing your own planners..planners, planners, planners....it's enough to make you a little crazy! But....maybe they're all onto something. We've found ourselves "winging" it this past year and perhaps if I just took a little more time to plan things out, I wouldn't feel so lost and it would help keep the kids more on task...soooo, guess what I've been doing? I've been searching for planners to buy, planners to download and thinking about how I could make each of them work for us. Some forms I've downloaded, I will probably not change too much, but others I've worked to set them up (and re-create them actually) to fit our needs. It's a process, that's for sure. I just hope that I don't use up all my energy in creating the "perfect" planner for our homeschool that I wind up not following it through.

A few bible verses that have been encouraging to me during this process are

Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.
- Proverbs 23:12

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."Psalm 90:12 (KJV)

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 KJV

This of course is only a few, but it has become clear to me that the Bible, God's Word, has a lot to say about teaching and planning. I certainly want to obey God's word and that's what I'm trying to do :-)

Happy Planning everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment