Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Unity....is it just a fantasy?

This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is about Homemaking and …..Unity

You can check out the original Homekeeper's Journal at Christian HomeKeepers Network 

In my kitchen this week … It's National Noodle Month so I'm going to try some recipes that involve noodles.  Spring Pasta Stir Fry, Asian-style Chicken Noodle Soup, and maybe even Asian Beef Noodles.

In my household plans this week …. to get caught up with dishes and laundry (will that EVER happen with 4 children still at home?) so I can really get serious with Spring Cleaning in a few weeks.  I remember helping my mom with the ritual of Spring & Fall cleaning as a child and once I became an adult, it just didn't seem necessary to me...but I'm now seeing that a good thorough cleaning can really rejuvinate not only your home, but also your soul :)....there's just something to be said about a nice clean home making you feel refreshed!

My off-the-cuff definition of Unity is …. people getting along, peace, harmony.  It's when you know that you are better together than when apart; when you WANT to be together.   I don't think you necessarily have to agree all the time.  It's all a matter of respect; respecting that everyone is different.

The opposite of Unity … not harmonious, in a constant state of chaos, always disagreeable. 

Unity in my home …..I strive EVERY day to instill the importance of unity in our home to bring a sense of love, harmony, peace (& quiet ;-)).  It's an ongoing struggle, but we continue to pray each day for help from our Lord in this area.  It's wonderful when I observe my children getting along, helping each other, and just plain being friendly.

Unity in my Church … doesn't necessarily mean that everyone at Church will agree on issues, big and small, just like in our family.    Afterall, isn't it is called CHURCH FAMILY!    Just as brothers and sisters of a biologicial nature will sometimes disagree, so it will be with our brothers and sisters in Christ, our Savior.  It's wonderful when we can all share harmoniously our God-given talents.

Between a husband and wife, Unity …. is essential!  Unity can be difficult to achieve in marriage at times...probably because it takes time and effort by both husband and wife.   I'm reminded of Genesis 2:24 "Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh".   Again, it doesn't mean we will always agree on certain things, but being able to come together for a common good is what unity should be.

So, Unity is not impossible nor a fantasy, but it will require prayers, reflection, hard work, and most of GOD's GRACE!
Here are some scriptures about unity: 1 Cor. 1:10-13, John 17:11, 20-23, Eph. 4:1-3, Eph. 4:11-13.  If you are struggling with unity in your life, I urge you to read what the Bible has to say and then put it into action.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I found you through the McLinky at Christian Homekeepers for the journal this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete