Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My own Homekeeper's Journal - week of 3/15/2011



I have been following The Christian Home Keeper's Blog and she has invited all her subscribers to participate in a weekly online journal.  I thought it might be a nice way to help me be more deliberate about posting here, not only about our homeschooling journey but also about what else goes on during our life.  I can only hope that my daily, weekly or sporatic musings will somehow inspire and bless you.

In My Kitchen this week……….. is a pork roast, a lemon pepper rotisserie chicken, roasted potatoes and harvest veggies, corned beef and cabbage, brownies and cupcakes and quite a few dirty dishes...they seem to multiply almost instantly!

In My Yard …….. the snow is melting away and leaving behind muddy lawns, lots of twigs and branches. It'll be yardwork and planting time soon.  I am so happy that Spring is on it's way.  It's been a long winter and I'm looking forward to some gardening.


I’ve been thinking ….about all those in Japan, the survivors and those missing. The destruction weighs heavy on my heart and I am praying for them constantly. I've also been thinking about the struggles we face in our own family; medical issues, relationships, finances. I do my best to stay strong in my faith knowing that my FATHER will never leave my side.

What motivates me more than anything else is ….. as it relates to housecleaning~impending company or other types of visitors. Nothing kicks you into high gear like the idea of knowing people are coming!

My Devotional life and walk with Christ …. is ongoing. At Church we have been studying Mark and 1 Thessalonians. I am also working on a Bible reading plan that will take me through the Bible in one year.  I seem to have this thirst for God's word...to learn more about it and to let it into my heart.

I struggle ….. with confidence in my abilities in my home business as an independent consultant for a premier kitchen tool direct selling company and in my homeschool teaching. Despite these struggles I still perservere, slowly at times, but still try nonetheless.

I dread …. losing my husband and my children. They are my life.

But I look forward …. to being with family and friends, being at Church, UPWARD basketball and on some days ~ bedtime!

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see you writing! I didn't know you were selling kitchen products. I did that years ago for 18 mos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've been doing it for 3 years now :-)

    ReplyDelete