Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Filling in the gaps

With the Christmas break behind us, we are trying to get back into a routine. It's going so-so. I took a look at some of the things we might need to add, take away or adjust and we are starting to make some changes. We've added daily independent bible reading, hymn studies and will be getting more detailed with grammar instruction. As I type, the kids are working on their AWANA checkpoints and memorizing bible verses. I've also got a pending order for used copies of Understanding God's World and Exploring God's World. That will add to our currently laid back Science studies (usually through documentaries and the Discovery Channel.) We are still picking and choosing topics on History through videos, the internet and some books. To help a bit with Geography lessons, we are currently participating in a postcard exchange with families across the United States. At some point, I'd love to get a copy of the Mystery of History curriculum, but until funds allow, we'll have to continue what we are doing.

What kinds of adjustments do you make during your homeschool year?

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Dawn~! I have MOH the first volume you can have. I have it in a binder~ ( it was easier to use that way for me) I just don't have the cover, I lost that when I put it in the binder somehow,. But you can have it if you would like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, that would be such a blessing :-)....thank you so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete