Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's official - we're moving

In my last post I mentioned new beginnings...well...they are coming for sure now....we have found a single family house to rent that will give us the space to have a dedicated "school" room.  I'm sure that this will mostly become "school" storage more than anything.  So with a move of this nature...moving from one state to another...comes the arduous task of purging and packing.  There is some satisfaction in removing the clutter that has become part of our lives, but only a small amount...since I am one who doesn't like to always let go of things.  The task becomes harder still when you have children who insist that those pieces of paper with scribbling on them are IMPORTANT!   I feel that the Lord led us to this place at just the right time, though.  Our original intent was to be moved by the end of June.  We looked at houses, duplexes, apartments and just none of them seemed to fit what we needed or there were concerns about location (busy streets), wet (and very mildewy, musty) basements, space and distance to my husband's place of employment.  I was getting very discouraged until a friend reminded me that it may seem like all the doors were closing but the Lord knew what he was doing and he was just preparing the way for what was right for us.  We plugged along and found a house that sits at the end of a cul-de-sac (very safe and quiet), with 4 bedrooms, a living room, family room and another room perfect for "school" use.  The yard isn't huge but it'll work for us.  It's about an hour from my husband's place of employment so that fit the bill and about 45 minutes to an hour from my husband's family.     And the timing was just right....4 of my children are off at camp for 2 more weeks which gives me the time to go through things without worrying about kids destroying the next room over while I work :-)..or kids insisting that we need this piece of paper, toys that are broken or games that are missing pieces....I can purge to my heart's content....

We are looking forward to those new beginnings and a more peaceful lifestyle......

No comments:

Post a Comment